As always, the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff remains our number one priority. Following guidance from the UK Government, NHS England and the World Health Organisation, we have introduced a range of measures to ensure that you and your family will be able to fully enjoy Lappa, safely.
- Please check our website and social media pages for up-to-date information on our opening times.
- If you are displaying any symptoms associated with COVID-19, please stay at home.
- We have now introduced contactless payments (max. £45). Cash is accepted in some circumstances.
Arriving at Lappa Valley
- When parking, please leave adequate space between the vehicle next to you.
- Please take note of the signs at the entrance and adhere to the guidance indicated on signs and given by staff.
- Floor markers will be used to instruct you where to queue and to ensure social distancing parameters are met.
- Timber screens have been installed in train carriages so passengers can safely distance from each other.
- A special high frequency train service will be provided, running every half an hour from Benny Halt (10.30-4.30) and returning from East Wheal Rose (10.45-4.45)
In the park
- Clear signage and markings are in place and staff will monitor queue lines to ensure social distancing is maintained.
- All dining areas have been reconfigured to ensure that social distancing is maintained.
- We will be offering a reduced menu in our café with a focus on grab and go items.
- Our retail and catering outlets will operate a one-way system.
- We have installed hygiene screens at our counters and have introduced hand sanitiser stations throughout the park for visitors to use.
- Additional cleaning will be conducted with staff concentrating on disinfecting door handles, tables, chairs, flushes and counters.
- All staff have been provided with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks, disposable gloves and hand sanitiser.
Lappa Valley is one of the best family days out in Cornwall. Take a nostalgic steam train ride through beautiful Cornish countryside, and arrive in our secret valley of fun and adventure. We’re a place to make memories as a family, roaming free and enjoying play in the great outdoors.
We hope to see you all again very soon.
With love from Lappa.