Newlyn Branchline
10¼" gauge Newlyn branch line running from
East Wheal Rose

The 10¼-inch gauge Newlyn branch line, which runs from East Wheal Rose a further half mile along the original track bed, was opened in May 1995.

The Duke of Cornwall diesel, carriages and track were acquired from Carlyon Bay near St Austell. In 2008 we commissioned a new diesel locomotive, Eric, from Alan Keef Ltd of Ross-on-Wye. At the end of the line is the Family Games Field and the start of the Woodland Walk back to East Wheal Rose following the Lappa river.

10¼-inch Gauge Railway Facts and Figures:

Length of track:
Half a mile, East Wheal Rose to Newlyn Halt.
Locomotives:
Eric, 0-6-0 diesel hydraulic Perkins 22 bhp, designed and built 2009 by Alan Keef Ltd of Ross-on-Wye.
Duke of Cornwall, 4w + 4, petrol, 4 cylinder 1600 cc, designed by David Curwen, built by Severn Lamb of Stratford-upon-Avon.